Sunday, July 27, 2008

133/365 Carrie Newcomer in concert

Each July, one of my favorite artists, Carrie Newcomer, holds a free concert in the 3rd Street Park in Bloomington.

She's a folksy singer-songwriter who is actually from Bloomington. She plays to an eclectic audience in this park, where there's hardly a spot left available for latecomers with their lawn chairs.

She has an extensive repertoire of fantastic songs. Two of my favorites off her current album, The Geography of Light, are "Don't Push Send" (about the perils that come with sending email in haste) and "Leaves Don't Drop." [You can listen to both on her website and her myspace page.]

This is the third year in a row I've been to her free concert in the park. Mom and I usually meet after I get off work, drive down with Subway sandwiches in hand for dinner, and claim our favorite seats an hour before the concert begins.
Rain clouds threatened us overhead through the entire concert, but they wisely held off and didn't cause a problem. I'll definitely be going back next year!

Camera: Canon 40D 1/125s, f/4.5 at ISO 400 under overcast skies at about 7:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment