Sunday, May 30, 2010

32/365 Toy from the past

Before you ask ("you" generally being individuals over 40), yes, I know how to operate this device.

Do you ("you" generally being those under 20)?

I actually have a positive history with this rotary phone. When we first met, it was a cast-off item from either my grandmother or great-aunt, when I was still a kid. She no longer needed it (and had moved into the Touch-Tone era), so she gave it to Chase and I to play with.

Yep, it was given to us as a toy.

In all our games of Apartment, Library, Post Office, Doctor's Office, School, etc., this phone played a role. To operate a successful business, you have to have a phone!

Today this phone is actually in use on my kitchen wall. I do have plans to replace it (sorry, dude) with something more attractive, but until then, it's doing its job quite well. And every time I pick it up, I feel transported back to summer break, playing Pretend with Chase. And that's not bad at all!


Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens and 430EX Speedlite, 1/125s, f/2.8 at ISO 500

No comments:

Post a Comment