Tuesday, May 25, 2010

26/365 Fancy English teas

Back home again in Indiana, safe and sound.

And back to reality in a hurry. Since we were a day late getting home, we missed out on the downtime we'd have had recovering before heading back to work.

I mentioned earlier that on my first evening in London, I picked up my one souvenir -- fancy tea from Fortnum & Mason. I bought two samplers of bagged tea, one mix of black tea and one mix of fruit tea.

At this moment, I prefer buying my tea in bagged form rather than loose. I understand the nicer teas often are sold loose, but I don't have a great tool to steep loose-leaf tea, so it's a bit of a hassle and a mess.

Fortnum & Mason had this tea available in both varieties, so I lucked out. I've really enjoyed the black teas, and I've been having them with my breakfast in the morning. Surprisingly, the only one I don't care for is the Earl Grey.

Now my selection of teas in my pantry has really become a little ridiculous. Oh well, such is life, right?

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens and 430EX Speedlite, 1/125s, f/2.8 at ISO 640

No comments:

Post a Comment