Saturday, May 1, 2010

14/365 Lone tree standing

Wide areas of dense trees are great, but I like seeing lone trees that have been allowed to remain standing. Especially when they're in or near farm fields.

I'd be willing to bet that at one time or another, the fate of this tree has been discussed. To fell or not to fell? It would certainly be easy to just wipe the area clean to make way for something new, whether that be a larger field or a new barn. I'm glad to see that it hasn't happened yet.

This tree has character. It doesn't look like your run-of-the-mill maple. It's not a thick and lush variety -- you can see its spindly branches all the way up near the top.

In a way, it reminds me of scenes I've seen of Africa, where the plains stretch for miles, but every once in a while, a tree has managed to grow.

I hope this one gets to stick around.

Camera: Canon 40D, 1/250s, f/8 at ISO 100 at about 5:45 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment