Friday, May 28, 2010

30/365 Small change

Currency exchange offices aren't interested in converting pocket change, so I was left with a few pounds worth of pence in my wallet when I got home from England.

I don't have much interest in coin collecting, but I do always find it interesting to see other countries' money. Shapes, weights, materials, artwork... it's all so unique.

My grandfather on my dad's side was a coin collector. He meticulously cataloged his collection and had dozens of books on the subject. I'm always impressed when people apply themselves wholeheartedly to collecting a certain item, whether it be coins, or stamps, or Pez dispensers. It requires a lot of time and research to build a good collection, so I admire that dedication.

These coins aren't worth anything more than face value right now, but maybe someday they'll be an interesting part of such a collection!

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens and 430EX Speedlite, 1/125s, f/2.8 at ISO 500

No comments:

Post a Comment