Monday, August 25, 2008

163/365 More DIY than I even intended

I love DIY stuff in general. Restaurant recipes, decorating projects, and of course, photography set-ups.

I also love going to Lowe's / Home Depot (your pick).

This blog post from a few months ago inspires me, so when I was in Lowe's this weekend, I looked for the tileboard that he recommends.

Unfortunately, Lowe's doesn't carry it, only Home Depot, so I walked out empty-handed. But I inadvertently achieved a similar idea with stuff I had at home, on a much smaller scale.

Behold, the use of three shrink-wrapped pieces of white poster board, courtesy of my 4-H Photography entries from 1997, 1998, and 2000.

Add some flash, diffused with a white sock, and voila! Experimentation at work.

I will definitely be playing with this idea again.

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens and external E-TTL flash, 1/250s, f/2.8 at ISO 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment