Monday, August 18, 2008

155/365 Ben and Stephanie tie the knot

Surprisingly enough, for someone in her mid-20s, I've attended very few weddings and/or receptions. I can almost count them on one hand. I only have two cousins (both married, so theirs are two of the handful), just one brother, and my closest friends haven't yet tied the knot.

The number increased this weekend, and the story actually begins many moons ago.

My parents met two of their closest friends at work before any of them were married. After they got married, they moved to within a few miles of each other, then Ben and I were born six months apart. Our parents have the customary babies-kissing and toddlers-playing-(naked)-in-the-kiddie-pool pictures of us that somehow come up in conversation every time we're all together.

So Ben is, literally, my oldest friend. And now he's married!

Ben and Stephanie tied the knot on 08/08/08 at 8:00 p.m. with only immediate family present. Their reception was a backyard affair this past Saturday and was lovely.
They were both polite and resisted the America's-Funniest-Home-Videos thought of smearing cake on the other's face. (thank goodness)

Congratulations, Ben and Stephanie! I wish you great happiness!

Camera: Canon PowerShot SD1000 outdoors at about 3:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment