Saturday, January 22, 2011

138/365 New theme!

It's been a while since I tried a series of photos in a theme, so let's do one!

Inspired by the list provided on this post at Digital Photography School, I decided to take it on. First theme up? Breakfast.

Mmm, breakfast. A meal I never, ever skip. Mom ingrained in me the need for breakfast at a young age, and I feel absolutely miserable if I don't get food in my system first thing in the morning. I don't know how people survive without it!

In the winter time, I tend to get into a routine of having oatmeal at least four days a week or more. Warm, satisfying... I guarantee you'll see oatmeal photos in this theme.

I'm a big fan of eggs, though, especially when they're loaded up with lots of veggies and mushrooms! I've recently discovered how good a sprinkle of garlic powder can be on them, too. I love making this kind of a scramble/omelet, especially on the weekends.

My recommendation for the best omelet in Indianapolis? Cafe Patachou, hands down. Everything on their menu is delicious, but their omelets are so good I can't bring myself to order anything else. I've tried omelets at many other places, but none measure up to Cafe Patachou's lightness and fantastic mix of fresh mix-ins. It's divine!

Where will this breakfast theme take me next? Stay tuned...

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens and 430EX Speedlite, 1/125s, f/4 at ISO 400

No comments:

Post a Comment