Sunday, January 9, 2011

133/365 Happy New Year!

Can you believe we're nine days into 2011 already?

As much as I love the holidays, it's nice to be starting a fresh new year. Thinking ahead, imagining what it might hold, planning what new things I'd like to do... I find it to be a positive time of year.

Do you set New Year's Resolutions? I do, but my family has always called them "goals" instead of "resolutions", because a goal sounds much more optimistic and positive than a resolve to do something different.

So, what are some of my goals for this year?
  • Take some more cooking classes. I enjoy taking classes of all shapes and sizes, but I'm particularly interested in expanding my cooking skills. In particular, I'd like to take some classes that teach some of the fundamentals of cooking, along the same lines as the Knife Skills class I took in 2010. 
  • Expand my Etsy shop, both in products offered and sales. 
  • Read at least one new classic novel. This one is a goal for me every year. Last year's feat was Wuthering Heights, and I don't expect I'll be reading it again any time soon.
  • Learn some new beading techniques, so I can continue to make my own jewelry. I've already signed up for two new classes that I bought in a Groupon deal last fall.
I hope it's a great year!

What about you? What are some of your goals for this year?

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens and 430EX Speedlite, 1/100s, f/4 at ISO 640

No comments:

Post a Comment