Saturday, October 9, 2010

106/365 Scenes from the parking lot

How about we make this a theme week? It's been a while, and I was struck with inspiration this week! The theme is "scenes from the parking lot." (It sounds a bit like a theme from This American Life, doesn't it?) All photos will be ones I capture in or from a parking lot. 

First up: this one's dark (done at night without a tripod handy), but here's the idea: My high school has undergone some much-needed renovations over the past 18-24 months, and it looks like everything is complete. I believe the lights in this photo are actually glowing from inside the new gym, but I haven't been inside, so I'm not 100% sure!

I drive by the school every time I go to my parents' house, so it's been fun to watch the progress and imagine what things look like on the inside. One addition to the school that I'll get to check out next month is an auditorium. Until this year, the school has been presenting concerts, plays, and other programs from the cafetorium -- a stage at one end of the cafeteria.

It's worked okay for the past 30 years, but it's about time these kids got a real auditorium! I'll be helping with the annual Junior Miss program again next month (actually emceeing the show), so I'll get to check out the auditorium firsthand and see the view from the stage itself.

No pressure, huh?

Camera: Canon 40D, 1/8 second, f/3.5 at ISO 500 at about 8:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment