Tuesday, October 19, 2010

111/365 Feeding the local wildlife

Isn't the rule generally that you're not supposed to feed wild animals? Well, Dad and Chase have been feeding this wild animal for quite a while. Grasshoppers, crickets, etc. She seems to like it.

And of course, they like seeing her wrap and devour the unsuspecting critters.

They haven't suffered any negative backlash as a result of their interference, so I guess they're safe. This time.

We've always (affectionately?) referred to these spiders at home as Golden Ladies, though I believe they're generally known as a much more boring "common garden spider." Apparently they're harmless to humans, but I'll keep my fingers and toes out of reach just in case. I'll leave the feedings to the boys.


Camera: Canon 40D, 1/125s, f/4.5 at ISO 1000 in shade at about 6:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment