Thursday, June 24, 2010

49/365 Indiana wine country

I don't ordinarily think of grapes being grown in Indiana, but I think that has more to do with my awareness rather than a statement about the land and climate. Exhibit A: My parents' grape vines are loaded with fruit this year.

Indianapolis Monthly actually published an article last year about the owner of Oliver Winery in Bloomington and his belief that Indiana is actually a great place to grow grapes and produce wine. I found the article to be really interesting, and it gave me some different insight into the ins and outs of cultivating grapes for wine.

Who knows, maybe Indiana is the next big wine region on the horizon!

Camera: Canon 40D, 1/125s, f/4 at ISO 100 at about 5:30 p.m.

1 comment:

  1. These grapes are destined for Indiana Concord Grape Jam!

    ReplyDelete