Sunday, June 13, 2010

41/365 A little bit of pampering

One of the things that seriously grosses me out are long, unpainted fingernails.

A little weird? Yep, I know.

I don't know where this started, but it's true. I'm a tad obsessive about having my hands and feet clean, so I'm sure that mental compulsion has just spilled over. The sight of long fingernails spurs thoughts of grime and bacteria hiding underneath... it gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it.

So I generally keep my fingernails very short, which therefore means I rarely have them painted. Letting them grow long enough to make painting them worth it is a challenge. But to celebrate our birthdays, a girlfriend and I decided to treat ourselves to a professional manicure and pedicure (my first).

And that meant I needed to let my nails grow. Boy oh boy, did it drive me nuts! I painted them in the week beforehand to make myself stand it.

I made it, and I had a lot of fun getting that little treat of pampering. Unfortunately the paint started chipping after only two days (it shouldn't have), so I had to take it off.

Bummer that it was so expensive and didn't last longer. But hooray for the refreshing feeling of short, clean nails again!

Camera: Canon 40D with 430EX Speedlite, 1/30s, f/5 at ISO 500 using a tripod.

No comments:

Post a Comment