Monday, December 13, 2010

125/365 A blanket of snow at Butler University

You may recognize this scene from a post just a couple months ago. At that time, the trees were full of colorful foliage for fall.

It's the often-photographed pond and bell tower at Butler University, but now the trees are bare and it's draped in a blanket of snow. I love photos that show the same scene in different seasons. I was on campus to get tickets for the annual Christmas Rejoice concert, so I had to stop and get my photo of the day!

Being on campus at this time of year doesn't just give you a treat for the eyes; you get a treat for the ears, too. And his name is Dominick the Donkey.

[One word of warning before you hit play: this song will get stuck in your head.]



What the heck does this have to do with Butler? The gentlemen at the TKE house set speakers out on the front porch of the fraternity and play this song -- loudly -- over, and over. And over. And over. From Thanksgiving all the way up to Christmas break.

It drives you nuts, but over time it becomes a symbol of the holiday! Crazy but true. Now I remember it with fondness and have to roll my windows down when I drive by.

Camera: Canon 40D, 1/250s, f/8 at ISO 100 at about 12:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment