Saturday, December 4, 2010

122/365 Saying goodbye to fall

I'm pulling out my Christmas decorations this weekend, which means it's time to say goodbye to the gourds that have been gracing my bookcase for the last couple of months.

I got these from a couple of older women who were selling gobs of gourds at a roadside stand in their front yard. They had varieties of gourds that I've never seen or heard of, so I really had fun sorting through them and buying a bag full to take home with me.

The green and orange variety on the left always makes me remember getting them as a kid, because when they dried out, you could shake them and hear the seeds rattle inside.

These met a less musical end:  fodder for my garden's compost heap!

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens and 430EX Speedlite, 1/60s, f/2.8 at ISO 200

2 comments:

  1. These always make me think of when you were little :)

    ReplyDelete